Welcome to Alveston.org - your online guide to events in and around Alveston, Rudgeway and Earthcott, and the home of Alveston Parish Council information.
If you've got anything you'd like publicised, don't hesitate to get in touch.
Find out about Alveston Parish Council:
See more events.
The Thornbury and District Committee of Cancer Research UK would like to thank all those involved in organising and attending the Alveston Open Gardens day on 19th July this year. It was the best Open Gardens event in our history with over 200 visitors looking around 9 local gardens in brilliant sunshine. This event also raised a staggering £2,000 for the charity so a big thank-you goes to everyone who attended, the brave people who opened up their beautiful gardens for others to enjoy, and also the volunteers who selflessly gave up their time to look after the visitors. Thank you everyone!
Marj Roper-Marshall writes: 'I really cannot believe it is nearly the time of year for all those Flower Shows. There are usually quite a few to choose from, but I hope you will make Alveston Flower Show your 1st choice.
Better still why not enter one of the classes? It is open to everybody, you don’t have to live in Alveston to take part.
If you have visited us before I am sure you had a very enjoyable afternoon, if you haven’t then come and see for yourself.' Click below to find out more...
Click below to find out what fun the Alveston Twinning Association members have had, and what they're planning next, as they prepare to visit French friends.
Latest news from the Gazette:
• Charity writes to South Gloucestershire Council and Stroud District Council over 'too high' use of bailiffs to collect debts
• Two more men from the Bristol area arrested following Gloucester murder
• Concerns raised over lack of progress of Thornbury Hospital healthcare facilities
• Financial business welcomes only female advisor to Thornbury team
• Comment: Communities pull together for DJ Derek search in Thornbury
Latest items from BBC News: