Welcome to Alveston.org - your online guide to events in and around Alveston, Rudgeway and Earthcott, and the home of Alveston Parish Council information.
If you've got anything you'd like publicised, don't hesitate to get in touch.
Find out about Alveston Parish Council:
This month on Alveston.org there's a chance to win two holiday reading books, selected by Red Door.
See more events.
You now have yet another reason to book in for a meal at Alveston House Hotel, following an exceptional report from the AA. New Head Chef, Joe Holland, received his first AA Rosette following the inspector’s visit in July. Click below to read more...
The travellers who occupied the green space land on Down Road left within 48 hrs of their arrival. The site was cleaned and returned to normal immediately afterwards by South Gloucestershire Council.
The Sharon Phillips School of Dancing in Alveston says: "Congratulations to Abigail who has accepted her place to Ballet West in Scotland from September. Abigail started with at 3 years old and has always had a love and passion for ballet and now she gets to make her dreams come true by being a ballerina every day. We are all very proud of you and can't wait to come and see you in a performance. Good luck and keep in touch!
Latest news from the Gazette:
• 'Serious failures' of Almondsbury children's home criticised by Ofsted after child crashing car is covered up
• Broken down lorry closes lane on M4 motorway between M32 and Almondsbury interchange
• Demolition of former South Gloucestershire Council offices in Thornbury set to take another six to seven weeks
• Artwork by Thornbury painter Josh Crowe featured in prestigious exhibition after being named as finalist in national competition
• Firefighters attend early-hours 'deliberate' motorcycle fire in South Gloucestershire
Latest items from BBC News:
• Prince Harry 'very glad' to walk behind Diana's coffin
• US Afghanistan: Tillerson ups pressure on Pakistan
• Identity theft at epidemic levels, warns Cifas
• Vaginal seeding after Caesarean 'risky', warn doctors
• How children are starving in Yemen's war