Welcome to Alveston.org - your online guide to events in and around Alveston, Rudgeway and Earthcott, and the home of Alveston Parish Council information.
If you've got anything you'd like publicised, don't hesitate to get in touch.
Find out about Alveston Parish Council:
See more events.
Each year Alveston Parish Council is empowered to award grants to organisations or groups operating within the Parish of Alveston.
The Parish Council will consider applications for grants from voluntary groups or charitable organisations. Click below to find out more...
The Sharon Phillips School of Dancing is taking 40 students aged 10 to 18 years old to participate in the 'Young Performers' show at Her Majesty's Theatre in London, on Sunday 8th October. It is a great opportunity for the children to dance on the West End stage where Phantom of the Opera is performed.
The girls have been rehearsing since April in preparation. They are performing 2 ballet dances and 1 modern dance, with costumes ordered from America.
Sharon wishes the girls the best of luck with their performance, and a memory they and their families will remember forever.
Latest news from the Gazette:
• Popular shop in Thornbury's plans to rename after 44 years 'like a butterfly emerging from a chrysalis'
• Charfield chapel launches Christmas shoe box appeal
• Today's weather - cloudy with sunny spells
• Man, 35, from Thornbury appears in court charged with assaulting 75-year-old man and two others
• Today's weather - cloudy with wet spells
Latest items from BBC News:
• Jeremy Corbyn: Labour on the threshold of power
• Saudi Arabia driving ban on women to be lifted
• Liz Dawn: Coronation Street's Vera Duckworth dies at 77
• Clinton: White House private emails 'height of hypocrisy'
• Jason Kenny: Six-time Olympic gold medallist reverses private retirement