Welcome to Alveston.org - your online guide to events in and around Alveston, Rudgeway and Earthcott, and the home of Alveston Parish Council information.
If you've got anything you'd like publicised, don't hesitate to get in touch.
Find out about Alveston Parish Council:
This month on Alveston.org there's a chance to win a year's membership of your Active Centre, plus you could win a family ticket to the South Glos Show on August 6th and 7th.
See more events.
The Cross Hands in Alveston is looking for craft stall holders who live locally who would be interested in having a small stall on August Bank Holiday weekend.
They are having a fun day and beer and cider festival weekend, and thought it would be a great opportunity for people who live locally to be involved.
If you think this would suit you, please contact Sandra on 01454 413062 - please no big operators that work for national companies - they like to keep it as local as possible.
Mark Crutchley, Director of Circadian Trust, a social enterprise that delivers sport and leisure facilities in partnership with South Gloucestershire Council, has been awarded the Third Sector Director of the Year award in the Institute of Directors (IoD) South West regional awards.
He will now go forward for a chance to be a national award winner, judged against all the other regional finalists this autumn.
Mark has been at the helm of the Circadian Trust since it was established just over ten years ago. Today it operates seven Active Leisure Centres in Thornbury, Bradley Stoke, Yate, Longwell Green, Kingswood, Patchway and Downend.
To showcase your group or organisation, attract new members or promote a special activity, register for Discover 2016.
The Discover Festival is an exciting and diverse programme of events, organised by South Gloucestershire Council, local residents, community groups and businesses to show why South Gloucestershire is a great place to live and work. Events from the arts, heritage, nature, local food, crafts, learning, wellbeing and sports are welcome. For more information click the link below.
Latest news from the Gazette:
• Mayor's awards celebrating young people returns to Thornbury
• Can you spot yourself in our pictures from the Oldbury Fun Run?
• Weather June 28: A dull and wet afternoon follows bright and dry start
• Five-year-old girl from Yate wins chance to name three little pigs in Olveston
• Avon and Somerset PCC Sue Mountstevens launches consultation on policing service
Latest items from BBC News:
• Istanbul Ataturk airport attack: At least 36 dead and dozens injured
• EU wants 'closest links' with UK after Brexit says Cameron
• Brexit: Sturgeon to hold talks with European Parliament president Schulz
• Conservative leadership: Contenders set to come forward
• Labour MPs pass no-confidence motion in Jeremy Corbyn