Welcome to Alveston.org - your online guide to events in and around Alveston, Rudgeway and Earthcott, and the home of Alveston Parish Council information.
If you've got anything you'd like publicised, don't hesitate to get in touch.
Find out about Alveston Parish Council:
See more events.
This Easter, Circadian Trust, the charitable organisation that operates 7 Active Centres across South Gloucestershire, is donating Easter Eggs to fellow local charities and foodbanks.
Potential new members to the leisure centres across South Gloucestershire (including; Bradley Stoke, Kingswood, Longwell Green, Thornbury and Yate Leisure Centres), have been encouraged to donate an Easter Egg in return for a reduced joining fee to the leisure centres.
The centres raised 139 eggs and the ‘Donate an Easter Egg’ campaign delivered these to local charities including North Bristol foodbank, Resound, The Juice Community Project, Thornbury Baptist Church foodbank and Yate and Chipping Sodbury foodbank in time for the Easter weekend.
This summer Thornbury United Reformed Church is hosting a new Memory Cafe for people with dementia and their carers from local and wider areas. It will complement the existing cafe that meets fortnightly in the Methodist Church, opening in the alternate weeks.
They are holding the first Information & Training morning for potential volunteers on Friday 19th May, and the Launch will be on Friday 23rd June, with regular opening from Friday 7th July.
Latest news from the Gazette:
• CCTV images released in search for missing trainee nurse Anna Lewis
• Multi-million pound missile contracts supporting jobs in defence sector welcomed by MP Jack Lopresti
• Police in South Gloucestershire busting myths about stalking as part of national awareness week
• Weather April 24: Chilly start leading onto a cloudy day
• Police launch appeal to find missing woman Anna Lewis
Latest items from BBC News:
• General Election 2017: Labour to rip up Tory Brexit plan
• France elections: Le Pen steps aside as National Front leader
• Brexit university ‘brain drain’ warning
• Serena Williams calls Ilie Nastase comments 'racist' and backs investigation
• Elton John suffered 'deadly bacterial infection' on tour