Welcome to Alveston.org - your online guide to events in and around Alveston, Rudgeway and Earthcott, and the home of Alveston Parish Council information.
If you've got anything you'd like publicised, don't hesitate to get in touch.
Find out about Alveston Parish Council:
This month on Alveston.org there's a chance to win an oak rotating tray/plate handcrafted from a wine barrel, plus you could win up to £50 to spend in Thornbury.
See more events.
Please note that South Gloucestershire Council Footpaths Ranger has cut a new Footpath around the boggy area of the above footpath / bridle path.
Please refrain from putting wood onto the muddy area as this is dangerous for horses. Click below to read more...
Trading Standards would like to reiterate a warning issued by Police about a telephone scam affecting South Gloucestershire.
Police are aware of calls to residents from people claiming to be from Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) in which householders were told they could go to prison if they did not immediately pay an outstanding tax debt.
If you are concerned about your tax status, contact HMRC directly using details you know to be genuine.
If you believe you have been contacted by a fraudster, call Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040 or click below.
Age UK South Gloucestershire is calling on nimble-fingered knitters to get their needles clicking at double the speed to make Age UK and innocent’s Big Knit the biggest event yet.
Now in its 13th year, budding local knitters are being challenged to reach a whopping local target of 6,000 miniature woolly hats to adorn innocent smoothie bottles, and for each be-hatted smoothie sold, innocent will donate 25p to help Age UK fund national and local projects that keep older people warm and well in winter. Click below to donwload the pattern.
Latest news from the Gazette:
• Driver detained after Gloucestershire Police use stinger to stop wanted car on M5
• People urged to register as an organ donor in new Christmas campaign
• Police investigating home burglary in Thornbury after watches and bank cards are targeted
• Thornbury Olympic medallist Sally Conway set to trade blows with sporting trivia elite on BBC's A Question of Sport
• Former caretaker convicted of sexual assaults against boys at South Gloucestershire primary school
Latest items from BBC News:
• 'Deeply worrying' waits for hospital beds
• Man arrested over threats to Brexit case's Gina Miller
• Woman gives birth to grandson for her daughter
• 'Detailed' Brexit plan demanded by Labour ahead of vote
• Pfizer fined record £84.2m for overcharging NHS