Welcome to Alveston.org - your online guide to events in and around Alveston, Rudgeway and Earthcott, and the home of Alveston Parish Council information.
If you've got anything you'd like publicised, don't hesitate to get in touch.
Find out about Alveston Parish Council:
See more events.
Christmas collection calendars are being delivered, but you can check your dates on the council website below. Waste and recycling collections will not take place on Monday 25, Tuesday 26 December or Monday 1 January. Sort It recycling centres will be closed from 2:00pm Sunday 24 December. They will be closed all day on Monday 25, Tuesday 26 December and Monday 1 January.
South Gloucestershire Council has launched a new website, dedicated to their Superfast broadband programme.
Click below to find the latest information on broadband within South Gloucestershire.
Not all premises may benefit from the fibre upgrade, so you can check on an individual basis using the Openreach website - https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/super-fastfibreaccess/superfastfibre.do
The Sharon Phillips School of Dancing, based in Alveston, wants to thank everyone who joined in their recent Tapathon. 71 dancers took part and raised £720 for Children In Need! Fingers crossed they break the world record for the largest tap dancing event. Click below for photos...
Latest news from the Gazette:
• Cub scout group in Thornbury raises £500 to help community in Uganda
• Perry Bishop and Chambers collecting donations for Foodbank during Advent
• Property News: Act now to get ahead of the competition
• Snow brings traffic disruption... and fun: Your pictures
• Property News: Homeowners warned to prepare for stormy weather
Latest items from BBC News:
• Roy Moore defeat: Democrat Doug Jones wins in Alabama Senate upset
• Rebellion threat to EU Withdrawal Bill
• DR Congo crisis: On Kasai's hunger road
• Warmer Arctic is the 'new normal'
• 'I was saved from a £10,000 car scam'