Welcome to Alveston.org - your online guide to events in and around Alveston, Rudgeway and Earthcott, and the home of Alveston Parish Council information.
If you've got anything you'd like publicised, don't hesitate to get in touch.
Find out about Alveston Parish Council:
New - see the February walk from the Alveston walking calendar.
See more events.
Smokers in South Glos are being encouraged to be 'proud to be a quitter this year and stop smoking on No Smoking Day next month.
Nearly one in six of South Gloucestershire adults smoke but UK figures show two thirds want to quit.
Smokefree South Gloucestershire has FREE stop smoking sessions across the county to help smokers ditch the cigarettes for good. Click below to read more...
Trading Standards are warning us to beware companies who claim they can move you to a lower Council Tax band or get you a refund. It is not illegal to charge a fee for making an application on your behalf to check your Council Tax banding is correct – but you can do this yourself for free by calling 03000 501501 or visiting the website below.
For further advice on telephone scams, please contact the Citizens Advice consumer service on 03454 04 05 06.
South Gloucestershire Council Trading Standards is warning residents to be on their guard against companies who claim they can move you to a lower Council Tax band or get you a refund. Click below to read more...
Latest news from the Gazette:
• Children's author spends afternoon with Year 7 students in Thornbury
• Over 1,000 homes in Almondsbury affected by power cut last night after cables are damaged
• Police and fire crews called to Thornbury recycling centre over 'hazardous material' fears
• iPad training sessions set up in Thornbury
• Residents "shocked and dismayed" after plans submitted to build 10 flats in Alveston
Latest items from BBC News: