Welcome to Alveston.org - your online guide to events in and around Alveston, Rudgeway and Earthcott, and the home of Alveston Parish Council information.
If you've got anything you'd like publicised, don't hesitate to get in touch.
Find out about Alveston Parish Council:
This month on Alveston.org there's a chance to win an oak cheese board handcrafted from a wine barrel.
See more events.
Alveston Singers thank all of you who attended our concerts in June and helped us to raise just over £620 for this year’s nominated charities: Meningitis NOW and BRACE.
We hope to welcome you to our Christmas concerts which will be held on Tuesday 13 and Saturday 17 December 2016. So please make a note in your diary and look out for more details nearer December.
Avon & Somerset Police and Age UK are warming about a recent scam where people are posing as ‘Age Concern’ staff to gain access to older people’s homes in South Gloucestershire.
The advice is, if you’re suspicious or the caller won’t leave, call 999 and ask for the police. Age UK have free advice line on 0800 169 65 65 and their free guide Staying Safe can also be downloaded from the website below.
The Leisure Centre's Summer Programme runs 25th July - 31st August for boys and girls from Yr1 - Yr9.
Active Camps are packed full with sporting activities and arts and crafts and the pool offers swimming activities and/or courses. Click below to view the Summer Programme.
Latest news from the Gazette:
• Almondsbury kayakers 'paddle for Charlie' as they set off to tackle 70km Irish river record
• Alveston couple who have both survived cancer tackle marathon hike for charity
• Today's weather - cloudy with showers
• Police detain homeless man under mental health act after 'havoc' in Thornbury
• Thornbury schoolchildren told to act responsibly after playing fields left in a mess on last day of term
Latest items from BBC News:
• Rio 2016: IOC panel to have final say on Russian athletes' participation
• Modern slavery: Theresa May vows to defeat 'evil'
• US skydiver jumps without parachute into net from 25,000ft
• Turkey's President Erdogan seeks to rein in spy agency after coup
• Student debts wipe out most graduate pay premiums - report