Freedom of Information
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 gives a right of public access to information held by public authorities.
Following a period with interim arrangements, Alveston Parish Council formally adopted the Model Publication Scheme on 10th May 2010.
The Parish Council Information Publication Scheme [PDF, 45kb] describes the classes of information, the methods of publication and charges for information.
Information available from Alveston Parish Council under the Model Publication Scheme includes:
- Who we are and what we do - Organisational information, structures, locations and contacts.
- What we spend and how we spend it - Financial information relating to projected and actual income and expenditure, procurement, contracts and financial audit.
- What our priorities are and how we are doing - Strategies and plans, performance indicators, audits, inspections and reviews
- How we make decisions - Decision making processes and records of decisions.
- Our policies and procedures - Current written protocols, policies and procedures for delivering our services and responsibilities.
- Lists and Registers - Currently maintained lists and registers only
- The services we offer - Information about the services we offer, including leaflets, guidance and newsletters produced for the public and businesses.